Tooth loss can occur for a variety of reasons … trauma, disease, decay … whatever the reason, you don’t need to go through life dealing with tooth loss. A consultation with your implant dentist will reveal how you can enjoy all your favorite foods, speak in public without fear or embarrassment, and smile with renewed self-confidence as if tooth loss never occurred.
5 Benefits of Dental Implants
While tooth loss or tooth extractions may seem overwhelming, there are solutions. With dental implants, you not only restore your smile, but you help to prevent further possible damage that can occur if tooth loss is ignored. Advantages with dental implants include:
- Comfort – A dental implant fits and feels just like a biological tooth. You will be able to forget that your restoration is not your natural dentition.
- Appearance – Your implant dentist will place the dental implant and oversee your healing period. The restoration that will be placed will match surrounding teeth so no one will know which teeth have been restored.
- Improved Nutrition – You will be able to enjoy all your favorite foods allowing you to consume fresh fruits, crunchy vegetables, crusty bread, a juicy steak … many foods you may have had to avoid before.
- Lifelong Solution – With proper care, a dental implant is there for life meaning it won’t require replacement or wear out.
- Prevention – Restoring missing teeth with dental implants will prevent bone deterioration in adjacent teeth that could lead to further tooth loss; can help prevent dental decay (teeth may shift that can lead to areas where bacteria and plaque grow leading to cavity formation); prevent jawbone loss that can modify your appearance.
The Dental Implant Process
A consultation with your implant dentist will determine your candidacy for this procedure.
The implant itself is a small titanium post that is embedded in gum tissue where tooth loss has occurred. During the healing period, jawbone is grafting to the implant incorporating it into the jaw forming a support structure similar to the roots of a natural tooth.
Once healing and grafting are successfully completed, a cosmetic restoration is affixed completing the dental implant process.
You will brush and floss daily and visit your dentist twice a year for cleaning and exam – no special treatment is required for you to maintain full function and a great smile for life.
To learn more about your tooth replacement options, schedule a consultation with our team at Aesthetic Dental Partners today.